On November 7, beginning at 9 am, the synod of the diocese of Niagara will convene virtually via Zoom videoconference to undertake the essential governance ministry of the Church.
The theme of the synod, “Seeing with the Eyes of our Hearts,” will be a lens through which Bishop Susan Bell will offer her charge to members, which will be subsequently shared on the diocesan YouTube channel.
On the agenda for this year’s half-day synod:
- a presentation about, and breakout session on, the diocesan Mission Action Plan (MAP);
- the reception of the 2019 auditor’s report and the appointment of auditors for 2020;
- the consideration of the 2021 diocesan budget;
- the election of provincial synod delegates and regional representatives to synod council;
- the consideration of several canon changes; and
- the sharing of several missional moments.
Through prayer, discernment, and decision-making, members of synod will seek to build up the Church in our diocese.
The Niagara Anglican will have all the highlights in future editions, but you can also access synod reports and resolutions on the synod’s webpage: niagaraanglican.ca/synod/2020 or follow along the activities of synod as they happen through the diocesan Facebook page and Twitter account.
A Prayer for Synod Almighty and everliving God, source of all wisdom and understanding, you call us to life and compel us to love; be present with those who take counsel in the Synod of the Diocese of Niagara, for the renewal and mission of your Church. May the whole world see us living and lifting up the fullness of your love; make new those things that have grown old; and bring wholeness to that which cries out for restoration. In all things, teach us to seek first your honour and glory. Guide us to perceive what is right, and grant us both the courage to pursue it and the grace to accomplish it; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.